First thing, What are Steroids?
Steroids are lab-created synthetic compounds that are designed to mimic natural hormones in the body.
All androgenic anabolic steroids are based on testosterone, a highly androgenic hormone naturally created by the human body.
What do steroids actually do?
Steroids affect your normal metabolism in two basic ways, and together they result in greater muscle mass.
Some cells increase their production of proteins, which your body uses to build more cells.
In this phase of your metabolic cycle (known as anabolism) small molecules build up into more complex ones and energy is stored.
The cells in your skeletal muscles (or the powerful muscles attached to your bones) begin to replicate and grow.
Some inhibit hormones called glucocorticoids, another type of steroid. This means your muscles spend less time recovering between workouts, and you can do more with less rest.
Soon, you’re building up mass, strength, and agility in a fraction of the time.
Injectables are the most well-known form of steroid.
Injectable steroids are administered intramuscularly or subcutaneously.
However, some injectables like Testosterone Propionate are alcohol based with shorter half-lives than oil based but longer than oral.
Injectables put steroids right into your muscles, therefore nothing is wasted in digestion.
Unfortunately, because of the needle, people see injectables as more dangerous; Ironically, they usually have less-severe side effects than oral steroids.
Oral steroids are primarily available in pill or tablet form and are typically taken with a meal for better absorption.
The attractiveness of using oral steroids is simply that you’re able to swallow a tablet instead of injecting the steroid.
This requires frequent dosing on a strict schedule for maximum results. Some people may also experience additional side effects.
It’s very common for users to start a cycle on an oral like Anavar and transition into injectables.
Oral steroids are more toxic to the body and harder on your system, commonly causing indigestion and heartburn depending on the steroid.
What are the main differences?
Frequency of dose:
Orals are taken daily; up to 12 pills must be consumed throughout the day which, if not timed correctly, can lead to inconsistent results and bodily harm.
Injectables typically only require 1-2 injections per week resulting in a more balanced experience.
Administration of dose:
Pills are the preferable method of ingestion.
Injecting yourself is difficult and just isn’t for everyone; usually a partner is required at the beginning.
Furthermore, needles can be scary and are often looked down on for being related to harmful narcotics.
Many steroid users have to hide their use, so a bottle of pills is much easier than a box of syringes.
Syringes also must be disposed of properly, and not just thrown into your regular trash. Bottles of pills can just be recycled.
Risks and Side Effects:
There is no guaranteed safe option when considering steroids.
They often come with a number of negative side-effects and should not be taken lightly.
Oral steroids may look like the least harmful option but cause more damage to the liver and body over a long period of time. Injectables toxify the liver as well, but much less severely than their oral counterparts.
What are the Most Popular Steroids Today?
- Anavar This is one of the few anabolic steroids that can be used by men and women, it is commonly used in cutting stacks for weight loss and increased strength
- Dianabol Developed for the sole purpose of performance enhancement, it’s commonly used alongside testosterone blends
- Sustanon 250 Slow release testosterone compound comprised of Testosterone Propionate, Testosterone Phenylpropionate, Testosterone Isocaproate, Testosterone Decanoate, and designed for testosterone replacement therapy.
- Testosterone 400 Custom blend of three different testosterone compounds giving the user a high mg concentration blend so they can inject less frequently.
- Testosterone Enanthate Slow release form of the testosterone hormone.
- Winstrol is a very versatile compound that stacks well with either bulking stacks or cutting stacks.
- Trenbolone Acetate One of the most versatile anabolic steroids on the market. This steroid can provide benefits quite unlike any other.